Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yoga for Pregnant Mamas

Practicing Yoga for Pregnant Ladies


When I heard that pregnant mamas could practice yoga as well, I was taken by surprise. I have been to my first yoga class (i’m a yoga-virgin no more ho ho) at Bikram Yoga City Hall (BYCH), and boy, was there some hot and intense action going in the studio! It was no mean feat bending and twisting in a heated environment of 40ÂșC and for the life of me, I could not imagine a pregnant mama executing those intense postures too. But yes, I was told that pregnant mamas could practice yoga. I am thoroughly amazed.




Let me share with you the awesome benefits of practicing yoga when expecting your little one. They include smooth deliveries, stronger lower back, higher energy level, less water retention, healthy babies and being able to get back on shape in just a matter of weeks after delivery.


Therefore, I believe practicing Bikram Yoga would be of great benefit to pregnant mamas, as it works towards unifying the mind, body and soul. Especially during the 9 months of pregnancy, it is important for pregnant mamas to keep their bodies in tip-top condition and practicing yoga would do the trick.


You could follow the Rajashree’s Pregnancy Series DVD, which is available at BYCH. If you would like to practice in a non-heated environment, in the comforts of your own home, that’s no problem. However, it is advisable to have individual guidance before starting the yoga routine.


If you are interested in experiencing some Bikram Yoga fun during your wonderful 9 months of pregnancy, do give their friendly and certified Bikram Yoga instructors ring, I’m sure they would be happy to answer your queries. :) Their contact information are listed in their website:


http://bikramyoga.com.sg/index.php


Be sure to check with your gynecologist on your physical ability too!

No comments:

Post a Comment