Sunday, July 18, 2010

To be the Einstein or Mozart of the future... What should your baby eat?

Brain food for Infants

As they always say, you are what you eat. In this case, your baby is what he/she eats. Do you know that 25% of your brain cell is developed before your first birthday? This fact really struck me. Little did I realize how important it is for newborns to get good nutrition, especially before their first birthday. Wow. What a revelation indeed!

I got very interested in what kind of food my aunt gives my 6 months old niece, and she happily exclaims, “salmon gunk!” I know I know that sounds a little, well, gross, but just to let you know that my little niece enjoys the salmon gunk. My aunt meshed salmon, parsley bits, carrots, and corn together. No wonder my niece likes it, it’s a healthy, nutritious and tasty combination, filled with omega-3 and all the other minerals.

With such healthy and nutritious brain food for my little niece everyday, she may very well be an Einstein or Mozart in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment